All images copyright. Do not use without permission.

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

I will eat my hat


Laughing Kookaburra, Loch Island, Mildura
If you ever go to Loch Island and fail to see a Kookaburra, I swear I will eat my hat. They are always there. This one gave me a suspicious sideways glance before swooping down for a skink or bug. 

In true kingfisher style, I once saw a Kookaburra at Loch Island catch a fish! 

They are also lovely when they are in groups and fly around calling.

Wild Bird Wednesday
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

  1. Great shot!! Boom & Gary of the Vermilon River, Canada.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice photo of the Kookaburra in the tree. They are always fun to watch and photo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an awesome shot! It looks like it has fur on its head.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm going to have to make the long trip to Mildura one day - I seemed to have managed to miss out on that part of Victoria.

    Nice picture.

    Cheers and thanks for linking to WBW - Stewart M - Melbourne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great shot! I spent last Friday chasing Belted Kingfishers and didn't get a single useable image. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete