All images copyright. Do not use without permission.

Sunday, November 11, 2012

Gotta love a plover!


Red-capped Plover, Lake Ranfurly
Thought I'd better start with a plover if I'm going to call this blog Plover Lover!   I'm going to use this blog as an outlet for my birding and photography attempts, hopefully generating some interest in birds and their habitats and sharing my stories with other bird lovers.

This was at Lake Ranfurly a few months ago. Boy has the lake changed over spring! It is drying out and there was not a plover to be seen yesterday. The day I took this photo there were hundreds of birds, predominantly Pelicans, Black-winged Stilts, Avocets, Red-capped Plover and Shelduck.

Yesterday there was a lone Shelduck and some raptors. And I think I could hear a Silver Gull in the distance...

It really is one of the amazing things about the semi-arid environment - it changes so fast and so dramatically!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment: